Tuesday, July 04, 2006

How to choose a web host?

A public web site must have a domain name and be hosted by a server. Basically this is just for the web location. The cost can range from $55 per year to $450 per year and more. Often an agreement must be made to maintain the site for one or two years.

A private web blog like this one or one on Google cost nothing beyond the expenses we all have to own computers and have a connection to the web. There is no ongoing committment. A blog can be erased at any time.

I suggest we begin privately with a blog experiment and see how many of our community needs can be met in this format before we incur the expense and committment of a web site.

1 Comments:

Blogger Elizabeth Reid said...

From Karen Kornahuser

The main experience I can offer in developing the web site is with content organizing, thinking through usage issues, links, maintenance, scope, etc...... I know about some of the technical aspects to design and implement, manage, etc a website, but only enough to keep that in mind when developing / organizing / maintaining the content. I will read through the blog more closely later this week and send more thoughts your way.
Karen

7:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home