Monday, September 18, 2006

We are ready to make a simple start!

I sense and hope that the summer exchanges by blog and email have resulted in a consensus of opinion to make a simple start of a web page for the Authentic Movement Community. Ann McNeal and I have done research and we are ready to buy an inexpensive web hosting sevice and domain name. We are sensing a consensus that the domain name authenticmovementcommunity.org would work well enough. The site itself will be called "Authentic Movement Community". The first thing we will put on the site will be the reports from the gathering this past summer. Mary Ramsay is working on the finishing of this large report. Also Carol Zahner has offered to help us launch the web page by starting classified ads for workshops and classes.

The hope for the web page is to have a central place to offer information and services to the whole community. We'd have a welcome page with a description of AM practice, the report on the AM Gathering, and then a number of other pages including perhaps
a.. classified ads that list classes and workshops,

b.. a directory of AM practitioners (for sale in hard copy as we discussed in the Gathering),

c.. papers and/or journals on AM

d.. links to other AM web pages

e.. links to blog discussions

Each of these items we hope can be handled as a small task or job by individual people or small groups of people. For example, a small group might offer to edit something like "A Moving Journal" either one issue or a series of issues and offer it for sale thru the site. This might possibly be published on the site and subscriptions give access to it on the web page or more likely published in hard copy and sold that way.

Ann and I are offering to coordinate the overall administration of the site. The site would charge modest fees for such things as classifieds, negotiated with individuals or groups who do the tasks. Our hope is that the overall costs will remain low, that any individual who takes on a task might make a bit of money or voluntarily do the task, and that any profit on the web page would be used for contributions to community-wide AM efforts.

Please send us your thoughts.

Elizabeth Reid

2 Comments:

Blogger Elizabeth Reid said...

Elizabeth and Ann,
Thanks so much for all your work. I like the sound of what you propose,
including the name. I would be willing to pay for classifieds, etc.


Marjorie Huebner

5:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Elizabeth and Ann,
I like what you propose. Thank you for getting this going. I would be happy to advertise on the site and to help out, as I said before, in a small way.
Martha

1:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home